For over 80 years, Holle have prided themselves in providing a wide range of pesticide and chemical-free organic-certified products. Today Holle are still using only raw ingredients grown to biodynamic or organic standards for various baby foods.
The ISO certified modern production facility is situated in Germany. The grain used in production is grown in healthy pesticide-free soil on Demeter certified biodynamic farms in Germany. Additionally, all ingredients used in the products are imported from only approved high-quality suppliers.
With your child in mind Holle only use Demeter grains from organic farmers with whom they have a long-term established and trustful relationship.
Holle sets high standards for infant foods
- No pesticides or chemical fertilisers are used to grow Holle raw ingredients.
- Holle use only biodynamically or organically grown food.
- With a close working relationship with Demeter certified farmers, Holle guarantees a long-term supply of high-quality raw ingredients.
- With great care taken in how raw ingredients are processed and cooked. Holle ensure that this is an ongoing quality control system.
- Every item of food that Holle produce is constantly checked to make sure it meets the highest legal, safety and nutritional requirements.
- Every one of our Holle baby foods are guaranteed to be free from genetically modified ingredients (in accordance with EU regulations). They never use artificial flavourings, colourings or preservatives, or refined sugar.
Holistic quality through working with nature
Demeter agriculture is unique in its consistent and holistic approach because, through its biodynamic growing methods, it gives back to nature more than it takes out.
- Foods which carry the Demeter label have been grown to strict biodynamic standards – in harmony with nature.
- Biodynamic farmers use an organic approach that harnesses the holistic qualities of their growing cycles.
- Each element supports and strengthens the others and in doing so creates a farm that is a natural and self-contained living organism.
- The use of chemical and synthetic pesticides and fertilisers and GM technology are strictly prohibited in biodynamic agriculture, as is the addition of questionable ingredients during processing.
Your guarantee that Holle products are grown and processed in a tightly regulated way that ensures quality.
- The EU Organic Certification logo appears on every one of Holle’s baby foods.
- The organic logo can only be used on products that have been certified as organic by an authorised control agency or body
- The logo cannot be used for products that contain less than 95% organic ingredients, this is your guarantee of Holle’s on-going quality and care with manufacturing.